Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This week, I have been reading a book from Elizabeth George. She was talking about having Joy.

"Our lives are filled with disappointments, crises, tragedies, heartaches, affliction, and struggles- Just as Jesus said (John 16:33)! But the good news is, that as you and I encounter disquieting rocks that impede our progress, disturb our tranquility, break the surface, and redirect our path, God can give us the joy we need to produce sounds of praise to Him. Beloved, Jesus desired that our joy might be full (John 16:24), but affliction, loss, stress, and pain can too easily rob us of any sense of joy. But, when we turn our gaze upon God in the midst of our suffering, we suddenly find the power we need to praise Him despite the pain and to give thanks for His goodness... even when things are not so good."

This is soo true- we can get so caught up in something, that we will forget to stop and see the joy in it. We all go through something or another, but sometimes we have to take a step back and just look up. We need to see that God is in it all, and that He will help us to grow. It's like He gives us strength to keep going- even if it seems like we can't go on anymore. Like, going for a jog.. we jog that 1st block{for a few miles- whatever is that 1st block to you}, then the second block comes up and we're out of breathe, But God gave us that extra energy that we have and we are able to jog that second block without passing out. What is that 1st block in your life? For me, it's helping other people out. What is that 2nd block in your life that you are needing extra energy for? For me, it's relying fully on God- to stop and see that I truly am Beautiful and that He does love me {more than i could ever know}. It is very hard for me to really know that, because it is hard to see my dad loving me a whole lot. I know my dad loves me, but he doesn't know how to let me know that he does- or even want to spend time with me. So for me, it is hard for me to really have a relationship with him.

So thats that.... Ya should be able to comment- even if ya not a member.. just go under Anonymous- then ya can add ya name with the post thingy-mer-bobber.. {well, thats if ya wanna..}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog you have here! Thanks for stumbling upon my blog because it brought me to yours :) Have a wonderful week.