Monday, November 24, 2008

I had A wonderous 23th birthday.{in pic are Kayla and Sean}.. So my family either texted me or called me to say happy birthday. It was nice to hear from them. I made sure that everything was cleaned before i left {although it was already clean}. I was very excited to be spending the day with people. Then i went off to the bowling isle- had the directions in my hand. I happen to have passed the street to turn on, soi turned around as Hans was calling me. He said "Hey Birthday girl, you are late for your own party!...." yeah- but that's ok, it's my party and i can be late if i want to.. besides, it shows that people care if they are willing to wait {hahahaha, just made that up!!}. So i saw the bowling place and went to go park- but there were no parking spot, so i went to look for a good place to park... turned around and went to the store across the street and parked there. They were excited to see me come in, and looked like they couldn't wait to lose {so i pretend that i was good}.

{in pic is Andrew with a Gutter ball, and Avery with his normal look at Hans-jk..but gotta love that look} They gave me hugs and lots of smiles and a few cards. Am glad that they didn't go all out and buy things for me. I didn't want anything really. But two of them gave me gift cards- 1 for anywhere and 1 for the Waffle house {guess it's a must go place or else i haven't lived kinda place-haha}. So that means i haven't lived yet-just a dead body walking around {lol}. 1st game i bowled a 90 {the only strike i got in that game was due to a granny shot that i did just for the fun of it}. It was fun and funny seeing the guys try to out beat each other. Sean was very good and so was Avery. Hans is.........ok.....jk, he was very good too. 2nd game i got a 133 {got a turkey- meaning 3 strikes in a row... yays}.. It was tons of fun.

Then i invited them over to my place for cake and whatever. So they all fellowed me to the place. Delaney was ever so shy {haha, which is normal when you 1st meet her.. but she easily warm up.. but seem to want to stay away from us when we were in my apartment.}. Hiedi {dog} was barking like crazzie.. guess she did that the whole time {feel bad for the Daron and Jenice to have to put up with that}. {In pic is Dan- He came in late, but still bowled with us and hanged out with us. He was the one who taught us how to play "Garbage Man"--yeah, Dan is a crazzie one!!}

So we came back to the place and talked a while. then Daron and Jenice came in with cupcakes in the shape of 23. Jenice said "there are 23 cupcakes here, but you can only make 21 wishes because 2 candles went out.." haha. Dan asked if he could have one and i said yeah... but he waited before he asked again. as soon as Dan had one.. Hans yelled at him- but i said that it was ok.. so Hans said "oh good, because i wanted one." LOL.

Oh-As soon as they were in my apartment, they were all shocked. They loved the view, the size, and the couch. They even loved Delaney's horse- haha. {Hans here is wondering if he should take the horse to his room} So we all ended up playing this card game called "Garbage Man"... It's a confusing game to explain, but it was fun. Played that game over and over and just had fun. I was the "President" 4 times in a row-YAYS!! Oh yeah, Jenice came down with 2 gifts and a card. I opened the gifts- it was a 2 in 1 paper cutter {SWEET!!! I know i'll use that alot for my scrapbooking, or even for projects} And the other one is a pen set- 84 colorful pens... so if you ever need a colorful pen, you can come to me. :D I have from yellow to black, from blue to pink, from brown to green and from orange to any other color you can think of..

Then we played basketball and volleyball at the rec-center. That was fun.. :D Kayla was covering me on Basketball and just wouldn't leave me alone- so i kept poking her. hahaha. just having fun! {In pic is Avery with his sister-in-law Kayla, Andrew and Sean. Hans is in the background Maybe staring at the cupcakes or talking to Dan}

So that was my b-day. I wouldn't want to change it for anything, because i was able to spend time with friends and just have a great time with everyone and i am sure that they had a great time too. :D It's not every day that the b-day girl throws herself a party.. haha

In my Bible reading- i am just amazed each time at how much He truely loves us. And how much He put Himself in our shoes and lived like we did. He let the temptation come- but being that He was and is perfect, He didn't do them. But He knows what we go through when we are tempted. It's just amazing!! I praise Him each day for what He has done for us, and for giving us so much. We don't deserve anything, and yet He continues to give us things and gie us strength to make it through a day or a week. Each trail we go through, He is there. I am ever so blessed to know Him as my Savior!!

I am blessed with my friends- each one of them is a blessing to me. From my freinds from college to the ones i made since i've been here. I can't ask for better freinds than what i have. and i have the greatest friend of all time- Christ!! :D





No comments: