Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mothers Day!!

3 simple words to tell a Mom. Sunday was starting off great. Jayme called mom and talked to her for 1/2 hour before we went off to church. After Church we walked into the house. Someone was hidding from us, guess who it was!! JAYME!!. It was super awesome to see him. Noone knew he was coming, not even mom or dad or even himself. It was a last minute thing. So we all went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few hours. Mom was getting tired {she had to work that night too}, so we were heading out. Kaytie and Greg went into the van to leave with Mom and Dad, and John and I was going to go home with Jayme. But before we could get into the car, {Mom and Dad was about to drive off} the Van stoped in front of Jayme's car, Greg and Kaytie got out of the car and told us that dad was taking mom to the hospital. Earlier in the morning Mom had said how she couldn't breathe well. The kids went off home and waited to hear something from dad. about 5:00 ish, he called, saying how mom is going to be staying in the
hospital overnight. She felt like someone was sitting on her chest and jumping up and down. Today when I woked up, dad asked me if I would go with him or with Jayme {who went back to bed for a few hours} to the hospital. I told him that I would rather go with Jayme {so i can wake up}. 11:30 Jayme and I went to the hospital. Mom looked very pale. She slept on and off the whole morning and was throwing up everything. I wanted to cry, but i held it in {even now}. My thoughts kept taking me back to my dreams {dreams about my mom or dad dying}, but i kept kicking those thoughts out of my mind. When I did, another thought just comes to mind. The last time I was in the hospital was when my Grandma wasn't doing so hot, she died. It was very hard on me, because Grandma had wanted me to lay down next to her for a few minutes, just like i had done with Grandpa before he had died, but I refused. That was the last time I saw her alive. So seeing my mom there in the bed {looking pale like Grandma did} it hurts. I was indeed very glad that Jayme came home, because he kept our mind off of worrying a whole lot about mom throughout the night.
Weather for Michigan: RAIN!! RAIN!! RAIN!! and RAIN!! It is true, the forcast for this week is RAIN!! But not just any old Rain, it is RAIN, Fast Rain, Slow Rain, Striaght Rain, Sideways Rain, Hard Rain, Soft Rain, Hale Rain, Thick Rain, Thin Rain. Any kinds of Rain, We have it here people. If you don't like Rain, TUFF deal with it---FOREVER!!!. Want to know what it'll be like tomorrow?? YES you guess it, RAIN!!!!
There is nothing more precious of a kid than to see their Smiles. Smiles helps the world to go round {well, God is the one who makes it goes round, but a smile helps some I am sure...}... I do love seeing kids smile. At church, we grew about 100 kids since last year. It is insane, but GREATS. lots of smiling kids, but some of the kids needs to have a change of attitude. O-wells.. Kids are so much fun. I was able to sit with 2 lovely girls Wednesday night for C-Club. It was good to see them. I ended up staying with the 4-6th graders. I felt very short. So I might try out the 1-3rd graders this coming Wednesday. I can't wait to get to know these kids. Jasmine sat with me on the bus. She has an attitude problem and LOVES to yell. I tried to talk to her, but she didn't really want to talk. O-wells. Maybe by the middle the summer she'll want to talk and not yell. Pastor Bryan is very good with kids, but is very bad with dealing with a over-full load of kids on a bus who all wants his attention. He had me lead the kids in some songs, but the kids didn't want to sing, so I just went to the back and talked with the kids. O-wells. You know you have to say "AWWWW" to this little kid smiling. She is so adorable. I was looking through the web and came across someone's blog who had mention something about her daughter being so tiny and how she is always a few inches shorter than everyone in the class, and how her daughter was saying some silly things "Mm m gwabby" because the little girl was all messy with dirt and had mashmellows in her hair from a bombfire. I thought it was a cute story. No the picture is not from that story. My cousin had her baby boy in December. When Joy was here this past week, we went over to Grandma's house. Maria {my cousin}, was there with the baby. He is so cute. Maria had grown up so much, but still has alot of growing up still. She is very overly protective over the baby. o-wells.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Dayna, I'm praying for your mom. It can be very frightening, I know. Don't let the fear of "what if" replace what is.

God is so good. Keep trusting Him.
How good that God entrusts us with trials to draw us closer to Him.

2Crazzie4U said...

An update on my mom. She is feeling better, just very tired out. She is home from the hospital now. Grins.
Thank you Heather!!