Monday, July 10, 2006


It's a Huge Soccer Game, God vs Satan, you are on God's team. It is close to Half time, and is a close game. God kicked the ball at you, you caught the ball with your feet, but as you was going to do a fancy trick around someone, they took the ball from you. So you ran after them, but they scored. What a bummer! Why must we think that we can do something awesome, something sweet, but in the end it just beats us as our own game. Life is hard, because we can be on God's team, but deep down want to be on Satan's because it looks like they are winning. We know that God's team is going to win in the end, but it just doesn't look like we are winning now. The only way we can outbeat Satan with each goal, is to give the ball to God. The ball holds everything that you are, and if you give it to Him, then He will take care of it and not let anyone else take it from Him. He'll pass a challange at us, and it is up to us to catch it and make a goal with it, otherwise, Satan's team member will take it from us and we'll just wish we never tried that fancy trick, or that one goal kick that went flying. Or what about this one, someone from your team passed you the ball, you ran to get it, but you triped and fall into a huge pile of mud. What a bummer it is to come so close to getting the ball, but yet was so far away cause of one trip. But after we fall, we usually get back up and go head on into the game again. But what if it felt like you just ran into a brick wall? Are you willing to get back into the game?

Why am I telling you about this game with God and Satan? Well, mainly because we are playing a game of Soccer, and we are on one or the other team. This pass few weeks, It seems like I have missed passes, and missed goal shots left and right. I havn't been reading the Bible much, and I still felt super bad for not being able to tell Pastor Dave ahead of time about not going to the missions trip {tho I found out myself the day before} Then, I went to church Sunday morning. {I went even tho I had about 4 hours of sleep the night before, and about 3 hours the night before that} It seemed as if God was kicking the ball to me left and right and I had no time to react to each ball, so they all hit me. After praying quietly to myself, I felt like I was at peace for a few seconds. I was able to stop a ball from hitting me. Now, I can use that ball to help the game out, Just I have to keep my focus on God, and keep up with where He wants me to be at in life, and in the game. because if I am not where I was suppose to be, then someone on the other team could get the ball and make another goal. It is hard to look at the posative side of things when we are too busy looking at the negative. But even in a hard game of soccer, there is posative all around.

When I was on the soccer team for a week, I felt really good about myself, even after running around the court a few times, and doing drills left and right. The team mates where always encouraging me to keep going, even when I felt like giving up- I didn't. It was all worth it in the end. I didn't made the team because of something that wasn't sent {my ACT scores}. I've learn a whole lot about the sport I love so much. I am not the best at the game, but just knowing that I can be better is a great feeling. Someday, I'll play soccer with my grandpa, and maybe even Jesus.

No comments: