Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Atomic Bomb Detonation at Hiroshima

The Aioi Bridge, one of 81 bridges connecting the seven-branched delta of the Ota River, was the target; ground zero was set at 1,980 feet. At 0815 hours, the bomb was dropped from the Enola Gay. It missed by only 800 feet. At 0816 hours, in an instant, 66,000 people were killed and 69,000 injured by a 10-kiloton atomic explosion.

The area of total vaporization from the atomic bomb blast measured one half mile in diameter; total destruction one mile in diameter; severe blast damage as much as two miles in diameter. Within a diameter of two and a half miles, everything flammable burned. The remaining area of the blast zone was riddled with serious blazes that stretched out to the final edge at a little over three miles in diameter."

Yesterday as I was flipping through the t.v., i came across a documentary on the Atomic Bomb that we American did on the Japanese. There were a few survivors who was telling their story and how they survived and what they saw. It was very interesting, because as Americans- we see things from one side. So for these survivors to tell their stories, gave a new look on this.

It is very crazzie to think that one minute you were doing one thing: thinking one thing, and then BAM!! You are on the ground- either burned but still alive or burned and dead.

One survivor story is that someone was by the river- and all she could remember was that the fire was very hot. So she jumped into the river and held her breathe under water. She saw dead bodies all over the place. After a while, her sister and her was walking along a railroad. A train had came by, and her sister decided to kill herself. The girl then step where her sister was and was also bout to kill herself- but was to scared at the end. She then went on saying how she then learned that there are two kinds of courage; Courage of death- and- Courage of life.

It does take courage to kill yaself, but it takes more courage to live. The Lord gave us a reason to live- and if we believe Him, then we will know that He kept us alive for a reason. To kill one-self is not the best way to leave, because what if you were that special person who can help lead many to the Lord- or save many people from a war or whatnots.

If an Atomic Bomb was to hit right now, I wouldn't know if i would be one of those that die or one of those that live. Either way, I know I would want to be where the Lord wants me to be, and to do what He wants me to do.

I am still learning what the Lord wants me to do. It is indeed very hard, because i often do want to do things my own way. Sometimes- i feel like an bomb was thrown at me, and it is up to me to take the hit and to learn from it. Rather it's a bomb of love or a bomb of patience. I can't duck- because it would hit someone else, and i probably wouldn't learn what the Lord would want me to learn from it. If you know what i mean!! I have many scars that i need to tend to- and the Lord knows what to do and knows how to heal me. {The Doctors in Japan at the time didn't know how to help all these survivors or know what to do with these new symptoms that came up after a while.

It is amazing to know that I am here on earth right now for a reason. The Lord can take my life any second now- but He is letting me have this breathe that i am breathing now. He has a plan for my life {and yours too}.. I don't know what that reason is, but i do know that I want to be the best i can be. I am very glad to be an American!! The Lord has blessed me with this. I am able to believe what i want to believe, say what i want to- to anyone, and be whatever i want to be. I don't have to believe one way, or say certain things {scared that i will be shot if i say it}, or be what someone tells me to be. I am my own person- and I choose to do what the Lord has me to do.

No comments: