Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Who ever thought that this could happen to them? A branch falling on ya house and doing some damages to two houses?

I was at work when it fell. My sister had called my dad, and my dad was running around the place like a chicken's head cut off. Next thing i knew, we were flying cars by on the road and we were home. {It was night out, but this is a pic from this morning.} As you can see, it isn't a small branch that fell. The nieghbour's porch is smashed.

Noone was hurt, well..the houses were. A few broken windows, a few holes in the roof, and a branch in my room. But Praise be to God. He is the One we should be Praising throughout this. I mean, we could be paying for all the damages, but the Lord is watching out for us and keeping us save. Well, Kaytie did say she didn't like the way i decorated the room with my things. Guess she can enjoy this a bit more {seeing how it is only about 1 foot away from the top bunk}.

I guess as I went off to work, someone came and moved that branch off of our houses. It is just so funnie how one day you think things are going to be like any other day, but it turns out that it is just a crazzie day. Today when I was at work, I think only about 2 people didn't ask me where my dad was, and what went on, or why did we left work so early. Other than that, it was alright. I was able to do 548s {dad said if I really wanted to get on there then I should ask for it, but I knew that I'll be on it, because I've been on it for the past 3 weeks now.} so I was able to stay awake.

I've been studing out James lately. Well, today I was reviewing some of the verses, letting them go through my head and out my mouth. Then verse 3 in chapter one hit me really hard. "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." I then realized that I need to have faith in God. I need to just wait, and let God do His work. For verse 4 says "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

I am usually wanting things to be done and over with, but with what a friend told me, I am looking forward to seeing what God is going to do next. A friend {Stephen} pretty much told me that it was fun to go through the hard times rather than getting to the finish. I really am excited for once to go through all this mess. Because if it was over right now, I wouldn't appreachiate it much as I would if i went through it all. Just like with who I am, I need to grow in Him, and just let Him work- rather than wishing I was this or that. What great friends I have. And here I am helping a friend of mine with what i just learned. What a Great God I have. Even though I grew up in a non-Christian home, went to a Public school, and had no friends at church, God blessed me greatly with the friends i do have now. I mean, I could've given up going to church, and end up hanging out with my "friends" who are into drugs--etc--. I could've been half-dead by now from a "bf" who just beated me up for some money{$20}. But I am not, I am here. I am alive, and have people who care for me. What a Great God!!! Why would He love me for? I am just a sinner. But He gave His only Son for my sake, and I am free of sin now.

No comments: