Sunday, August 27, 2006

This has been a very different week for me, but what a blessing it has been to go through it all. First off, The computer has been down for a while, which i really didn't care {more time in reading}. Sunday night, my sister and my friend Ruthanna came here for a few days. I was able to see them in the morning when i got up for a few hours before work. I felt really bad that i had to go to work, but it was alright. Wednesday night, There was a small party going on in the basement {well, a party is with my two brothers, Joy, Ruthanna, and I}, and we were all just talking about this or that. It was really great to catch up, and to let things out. Well, about 3:30 am, Ruthanna and i ended up going to the kitchen and talked til 5am as everyone else went to bed. It was a real Blessing for me to just talk to Ruthanna. Thursday went by really fast, almost as if it never happened. The Lord has been working in my heart the whole week. It has been hard at times, but i am learning to just let God take control, and when He does, things are better. I was able to let Joy cut my hair while she was here, and Joy was able to go to grandmas for a few hours and I went with her. Joy let me drove Ruthanna's car, and it was a beauty. At first it was strange being so low to the ground, but it was sweet as soon as i got to a busy-street. i didn't mess up, and i didn't have someone yelling at me to do this or that...it was great.

Friday at work was the longest day i've ever worked...14 hours. It was great, because I was working and studying, and the guys were playing around with each other. {Now i know who i can play around with, and let them play around with me too... I miss being around Jolene, because she was always willing to pick on me back.} Anyways, After a few guys left, i was able to work where they were at {whenever I had no parts}. Harry, one of the guys who drive the Hilow around, thought it was rally strange to see me working at another station. O-wells, I needed to stay up, and the best way to do that is to keep moving. He told me that i must love working because i just can't stop, I just laughed at him.

Saturday, After work.. I thought it was really strange seeing the lights on, and people coming in. Usually the lights are going off, and no-one else is around but those who was working. But it was good. I was able to see this guy, Bill, look good. Because by the time i get to work, He is usually a mess from sweat and what-nots. i was able to sleep for 6 hours, and i thought it would be best just to stay up so i can be able to go to church Sunday. So the whole day i read a book, then read the Bible, then sat outside and enjoyed the weather. It was a nice peaceful day. I didn't have to worry about going to work, or going anywhere. I was just able to watch the sunset, and just relax. I was able to go to bed at 12 and fall asleep without having to just lay there waiting to fall asleep til 5 am.

Sunday, the bus came late. i didn't care just as long as it came is all that matters. Church was great. I saw sandy {who has been wondering where i've been.} The sermons were great too. I must have yawned about a million times, but i was awake and i was paying attention. Pastor Marriott was in a great mood today, he was letting some jokes come out right..then left...etc. But over all, His sermon was a real hitter. Someone raised their hand to come to know the Lord, What a blessing it is to know that someone is starting to understand God's Word and want to come to know Him. Pastor Bryan had said a few things about those who have talents and double it and the one who buried his. I got thinking about what is a talent?. I've always wondered about this whenever i hear the story. Then it hit me really hard, it's who you helped lead to the Lord. It's not how much money ya have, or how smart you are, but It's how many people you told about the Lord. I also got thinking about the treasures in heaven, it is not a sin to want it because it is our reward from Christ. To tell you the truth, I would love to have treasures from Christ, but at the same time, i know that i don't deserve any of it at all. I deserve to get all hay and wood. But what a blessing it is to know that I am getting something from the Lord. I want to please Christ and not man. What can the world give me? pleasure. But God gives me peace, and Love, and Joy. He gives me much more than the world can offer me. What a blessing that is. I am God's daughter, and He loves me so much.

No comments: