Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Fun Monday #5.

We are to take a picture of what means alot to us and tell why they mean alot to us. Well, here are my items, and as you can see, there are three things {not including the background}. These three things has a meaning to me in such a way other things does not. But the one thing that I can't take a picture of, is of all those who helped me throughout the years {including an Angel}.

The first item is my poem book. I love to write poems when someone had touched me in a speical way, or when I feel like writing something down. In my poems, I don't have to have things be a certian way, but they are all in a pattern some how- like first letter starts the same, or each paragraph has a special meaning. It's nothing fancy and nothing to brag about. But it is something that i love doing for the fun of it, and enjoy doing. I had a friend asked me to write her a poem, so I made a silly but sweet poem for her. I later found out that she did like dancing, which i had written about in a poem. It's funny how things can happen like that.


The second item is my journal. I love to write, and so when something is bothering me or when i learn something that the Lord has revealed to me through His Word or by someone else, I write it down. Verses from the Bible, I write in a box- then talk about why that verse is there. Like if it has a meaning or if it helped me through something. Like one time, I was very down about not being able to play soccer with my friends. But the next day, the preacher spoked about something that helped me to see that i was only being selfish. My attitude changed, and i knew that i needed to repent to my Lord. But what a blessing it was to be able to learn that then rather than keeping that same attitude throughout the week or month. Little things like that or big things that i can't tell- i write them down. I try not to write when i am mad- because i might end up saying something that i ought not, so when i am calm- i will write. It is also a good way to see how I have changed throughout the year. Like being alone to being un-alone.


The third item is my Bible. Without reading the Bible, I will fall away from what is true. Jesus died for my sins- sins that I've done, am doing, and will do. I am not a slave to those sins anymore- although I do still do them. I have 3 favorite stories, and 1 favorite verse. My favorite stories are of Joseph and the many colored coat. I love how he kept his eyes on the Lord even when he was going through so much- like his brothers selling him off, and how he became a slave then thrown into jail for many years beign forgotten, then coming along saving many lifes including his brothers lives. Another one is of David and how he was just a small guy that was willing to kill off a giant in the name of the Lord. Noone else wanted to defend God's name, but David steped in and helped many. He later became king and even tho had people wanting to kill him, and himself killing others for wrong reasons- God still consindered him as a great man. So even through his sins- God loved him very much. My last favorite is of Stephen. He stood up to God's name, and was willing to die. He was stoned to death and King Saul didn't stop the men from doing so, althrough never threw a stone himself. But Saul came to know the Lord and became Paul- who helped many to the Lord. My favorite verse is Palms 139:14. There was a time in my life when i wanted to give up fully- of course I didn't. Someone gave me this verse, and i kept it within my heart all these years. "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvalous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."Palms 139:14


2 comments:

ChrisB said...

What a lovely post, I think it must be lovely to express oneself through poetry and have a strong faith to help guide your life.

Beccy said...

I wish I could write poetry.