Monday, February 12, 2007


Fun Monday#4

Why I love where I live!!



Yes, why do I love living here? Well, i'll tell you why. Because it is the home i've been in for most of my life, and it is where 95% of my memories are at, and where my family is at.

We moved here when i just turned 6 years old, I was in 1st grade at the time and so i went to 3 different schools. {went to the same school i went to when i was in K, then to the one near my grandma's -because we moved in with my grandma for a bit- then to one that was near here.} There use to be a tree in front of the house- but a huge branch fell and so the neighbor got rid of the tree. {Joy- here is the pic you wanted}

There are not many people around my age that live nearby- and whoever is- usually are those i don't want to be friends with. Growing up, Kaytie {lil sis} and I would play alot outside with sticks or snow. We use to get tons of snow, but we haven't gotten as much snow as we use to. {You can't really see it, but it is snowing a bit}. I love the fact that we have all 4 seasons here, and how we can enjoy each one {sometimes enjoy them.}

Just a block away- there is a store and about 2 blocks the other way- there is a 7-11. About 4 blocks another way- there is a bigger store and a block from there is a KFC. Our K-6th grade school was only 3-4 blocks {with one turn}away, and our MS n HS is only 5-6 blocks {no turns} away. You ever seen that movie 8Mile? Well, its only a mile away from where i live. {okies, 1 1/2 miles really.} It's an okies place to live. Not many shootings- but alot of police is around. The Fire trucks would go down our street all the time {seeing how the station is only across from the HS--on my street}.

Over all, I love living a city because things are so close by {but i much rather live in a country area} But we were very blessed to be living here and to not have many problems as we were growing up. There were times when people try to come in and steel things- but dad was always there and nothing happened. The worst thing that happened to us that i know of is that stupid tree's branch that fell onto the house. {the branch wasn't just a lil one, it was a HUGE one that took alot of our's and the neighbor's roof off and the sidings and some windows and even took the nieghbor's porch apart. There was a smaller branch that went flying into my bedroom wall {just inches from the top foot of the bunk bed}..} But thats another story!! It is a blessing to live here with my family. {No worries, i shall be on my own someday soon.}

But that's a lil about my home. Great times and bad times happened. Hope this is alright. Any question???

7 comments:

Beccy said...

Glad you like where you live, sounds like a nice area.

Molly said...

I love your house especially the bay window part in the right hand side of the picture. Maybe bay window is not the right term, but I bet there is a cool view out the windows, and inside the room is a fabulous shape. Being close to things is wonderful; you can actually walk places.

Pamela said...

I din't see any new pictures - but I'm confused easily.

You have roots ... and they are important It doesn't get any better than that

weedeater said...

How can any Monday be fun?

Anonymous said...

It's really special that you have memories like that. I moved around so much when I was a child that I forget how many houses I have lived in.

I like being in the city too. So much happening so close.. it's exciting.

Susan in va said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I wouldn't want to be anywhere other than RIGHT WHERE I'M AT.

Thank you for your wonderful comment at my site. I love what your mom had to say - you two MADE MY DAY! Thank you so much.

ChrisB said...

I'm still catching up on reading these posts. I love your house and childhood memories are very special.